Sunday, January 18, 2009

Triple Gold!

I'm just home from Kansas City and the annual Winter Storm piping festival and U.S. Gold Medal piping competitions. I'm excited that I won the Gold Medal for Piobaireachd for the second year in a row and third time. I won the first Gold Medal back in 2004 and now I'm the first piper to win it more than once.

There were many people in the audience with cameras and recorders, so I'm hoping the performance will be up on YouTube shortly.

The sold-out champions concert of all the prizewinners and judges was held the night after the competition and there are already many videos up on YouTube. Just search for "winter storm 2009 concert"

1 comment:

Keydet Piper said...

Congratulations! It was nice to meet you in person this weekend; I'm sure I'll bump into you again sometime. I was able to record your Ceol Beag performances in both the qualifier and final, and I'll have it on YouTube once I've processed and uploaded the videos. Great weekend, congrats again!